Monday, May 18, 2026

2024 February and march

The girls performed again with Zions Youth symphony and chorus.  This group has been a huge blessing to them.  They play inspirational music that helps them feel closer to their Father in Heaven.  
We were glad Grammy and Grandad could come this year.
With their best friend, Maddy
Jacob and Ben Childs


The girls went to the beach with Maddy and Franny for Spring Break.  Danni King was nice enough to take the girls on a dream trip.
They had the best time

These girls have known each other their whole lives.  They were all born in our ward.  They will be friends for life.  what a blessing.  
The girls had a tournament in Indianapolis.  We all went out to cheer them on.  Cameron met us there.  It was so fun to have him join us. 
We stayed in a beautiful hotel. 
One day we went exploring out in Amish country
On another day we went out to Indiana University.  We love to go check out football stadiums.  
Dave. Cameron and I went to a pro basketball game.  I had never been before.  It was fun but our seats were up high and I was so sick.  This was the worst I have ever felt during chemo.  This trip was hard for me.  

This tournament was rough in a lot of ways.  I was super sick.  Probably should have stayed home but there was no way I was going to miss.  It was also rough because the girls have had a tough time with the club and their team this season.  They haven't been treated well.  There have been some really awful things said and done to them.  It has been a toxic environment and has beat them down to the point that after this tournament they decided to quit.  We never let our kids quit anything but this environment was tearing them down spiritually.  It is so sad to see but the girls are strong and they have learned so much about standing up for yourself and what kinds of situations help you feel the spirit. 
One of the blessings of club volleyball is running in to old teammates.  This is one of my high school teammates and one of my best high school friends.  Her name is Amy Boone.  We had a great time together but had lost touch.  It was so awesome to catch up with her and to see how happy and successful she is.  Her daughter plays for one of the best teams in the country.  She is really good and it was fun to watch her play. 
I finished chemo.  This was an emotional day for me.  Chemo is a grind.  I tolerated it very well but by the last 5-6 weeks I was not feeling great.  I was so sick.  It was such a relief to know I was not longer putting this crap in my body and I could start to heal.  My chemo lab doesn't do a bell ringing or anything like that.  I think its because a lot of people sleep during their treatments and they want to keep it quiet and peaceful.  Dave made me this huge medal and got me beautiful flowers.  
Titan was happy that I was done too. 
My hair
For Cameron's birthday some of his friends planned a party at topgolf.  This is with Shelby Nebeker
Brooke Adair has been Cameron's best friend his whole life. 

Time for a shower for Titan.  He actually loves it. 

No comments: